jenni's logo
chim

Shepherd
3111 Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77098

PRESS 2

Galleria/ Post Oak
2027 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056

PRESS 3

Heights
602 East 20th St.
Houston, TX 77008

PRESS 4

713.NOODLES
(713-666-3537)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wagamama's Visit

Walking up to the very famous Wagamama franchise was a very exciting moment. I have heard about Wagamama back in 2001 (from Claire & Patrick) when I first opened on Jefferson. I have been told over the next few years by tons of my customers how much JNH reminds them of Wagamama in London. A long time customer (Andrew) even loaned me a cookbook (suggesting I have one for JNH...not a bad idea.) Dillon and his hot husband, both die hard JNH fan even brought back a Wagamama tee for my main squeeze, Mr. Scotty Steak Salad. Well, Wagamama landed in the USA via Boston a couple of years ago and I finally made it up there to check out this great place.I love what I am seeing, great eye candy; simple layout, nice earthy tones, stainless galore (if you know me, I am a stainless steel kind of a girl when it comes to (well, just about anything!) the communial style tables, the cool wireless gadget that the waitress used to send our order to the kitchen, the friendly staff and the cook to order menu. Great concept for urban cities with mass transportation since only urban cities will adopt communial style tables wholeheartedly, my opinion.The food arrived at separate times, which I can relate to and understand since my kitchen can only cook so many dishes at one time as everything is cooked to order . The gyoza was nice, the yasai men was a tad too saucy for me and my ginger udon was very subtle in flavors and light. I love the beef texture in the chili beef ramen.I enjoyed and loved the experience at Wagamana. I loved that it inspired me to come back and appreciate my two little noodle houses and how it has grown. I love my entire staff, from counter personnel to the backbone of the kitchen staff. Everyone that helps me out at JNH definitely is an extension of who I am...a very happy and hard worker that puts in an honest day at work with evidence to show it everytime, YOU coming back. I am convinced more than ever my staff is second to none and my entire menu is wholesomely good.

For the noodleblog record: our dumplings, ginger soy and noodles kick Wagamama's ass!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home