jenni's logo
chim

Shepherd
3111 Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77098

PRESS 2

Galleria/ Post Oak
2027 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056

PRESS 3

Heights
602 East 20th St.
Houston, TX 77008

PRESS 4

713.NOODLES
(713-666-3537)

Monday, February 1, 2010

Eating through my homeland Vietnam

The very best Vietnamese food in the world is on the streets of Saigon. I've been eating my way through the Ben Thanh Market in District 1 the last few days. Street vendors here can serve up any meal you can imagine. Let's see what I can remember consuming the past 3 days; sweet rice with mung beans, rice ball/ coconut pudding, crepes, baguette with fresh sunny side up eggs, beef pho, chicken pho, pork filled rice cakes, vermicelli with grilled pork, fresh ramen with roasted pork, steam pressed vermicelly with shrimp wrapped on sugar cane all served with the aromatic chilies. The chilies are unbelievably spicy and just perfect for me. I cannot name all the fruits I have snacked along the way...fresh coconut juice, mangoes, mangosteen, lychees, longans, watermelons, guava are just a FEW. Entire kitchens are set up every morning and hauled home every night. Vietnam, the people and way of life amazes me every time I visit. The roots that run through this country is deep within its cuisine. Each dish is crafted to be enjoyed the day of, if not within the hour. The people pour heart and soul into making every task is quite zen.

Die hard noodle fans I wish one thing; a trip down the streets of Southern Vietnam some point in their lifetime to witness the foods you have grown to love in the States in its raw and purest form. We are heading to the coastal regions of central and Northern Vietnam over the next couple of weeks. Check back for more noodle pics and updates.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mwtours said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 15, 2021 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home